cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Warren1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello, my dear friends!

Has anyone found a friendly way to deal with having multiple tasks on the same day in Gantt view? The invalid dependencies are enough to drive anyone batty :stuck_out_tongue: , but I can live with that, what’s more difficult is sorting.

We are trying to use the Gantt view to communicate tasks to team members on the build floor and coordinate hand-offs. However, the Gantt view can be incredibly confusing, becasue everything is all out of order. Is there a way to sort same-day tasks that are dependent on each other, so they are always in successive order?

I did this in another base by creating 50 look up fields to look up the previous tasks task and so on, but that is a pain to recreate each time and will eventually break.

Thank you!!

p.s. same issue on timeline view

1 Reply 1

Hm Paul, apologies, I’m finding this hard to visualize. Would it be possible for me to see an example of what the Gantt view looks like when it’s out of order, as well as how we want it to look?

Once I have a clear idea of what the problem is I’d be able to provide a suggestion