Help

Status Change Triggers Compulsory Entries to other fields - is this possible?

Topic Labels: Base design
747 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laima_Ulozaite
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all -

I’m looking for a way to capture reasons for status changes on my records and capture some more relevant information.

For Example:

• Moving a Card from LIVE to Pause in a Kanban view triggers a form to capture Pause Reason + any additional questions.
1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Laima_Ulozaite! :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, that is not possible with Airtable, but you could create a formula field that displays a warning message if certain fields have been left empty. You can’t force or require the user to do anything, but it would at least be a visual indicator on the record that some other action needs to be taken.

But if it’s really important for you to control the user experience, you’ll need to turn to a more advanced database program such as Apple’s FileMaker, which gives you 100% complete control over the entire user experience, down to the mouse click and keyboard stroke.

p.s. I am both a professional Airtable consultant and a Certified FileMaker Developer. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.