1708 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voltaic_Enginee
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a column of linked records. I would like to make a second column that filters those linked records based on a condition.

Example:

• Table 1 Column A is a checkbox
  • Table 2 Column A links to records of People that are associated with the Business
  • Table 2 Column B should be a conditional subset of Table 2 Column A; linked records in Table 2 Column A should only appear in Table 2 Column B if the linked record has Table 1 Column A checked.

Any time a checked record is added to Table 2 Column A, it should automatically appear in Table 2 Column B. Similarly, any time a record is checked or unchecked in Table 1 Column A, it should be added or removed from Table 2 Column B.

From what I can tell, this is not possible in AirTable. Are there any creative ways to make it happen?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi Kuovonne, thanks for the answer. Rather than doing a rollup, I was trying to maintain a link from the second table to a subset of the records from the first. After further thought I realize that this doesn’t quite make sense in the existing paradigm so I think I will instead have to use these conditional rollups to generate a list of names of the records. Thanks.