Help

Subtracting more than one item from inventory when sold (Little more complex than the provided solution)

784 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ayush_Narang
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to do something like this

but in my case, there are sizes as well. So each fabric bag will be either small, medium or large and the components (zipper, strap etc) will also have the same size options. A small fabric bag will have small zippers and small straps. What kind of database structure should I have and how should those coordinate with each other?

3 Replies 3

Hi Ayush, the database structure of the solution you linked seems perfect, may I know what issues you faced when attempting to implement it?

Each differing product size would have their own record in the Products table, and each differing product component would have their own record in the Components table, allowing you to create the product compositions as needed, right?

Ayush_Narang

As much as I can understand, a Small bag will be a different product from the large bag and will use small components and large components respectively. I want to be able to just link once what components Bag 1 will use rather than linking it twice, separately for large Bag 1 and small Bag 1 as the components used will be same but different size. Is it possible to use single select for size?

From what I understand of the base setup above, I can’t think of a way for you to introduce a single select option field to modify the components needed easily I’m afraid, apologies

Perhaps someone else might have an idea of how to accomplish what you’re looking for!