940 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aniketh_Undeman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have 4 employees and myself who all track time in seperate bases within my workspace. They are contractors and so I don’t want to give them access to historical records and the workspace in general (because they aren’t employees). How do I ‘sync’ everyone’s records to one central master time sheet?

I can’t use Airtable’s syncing because on the pro plan it only supports 3 syncs, and we have more than that but it doesn’t make financial sense to upgrade to the enterprise plan. I have also tried Zapier to no avail: the contractors occasionally edit old records & I want that to reflect in the master base, but in the Zap I created there was no way to update the old record while creating a new record for a new time & description entry.

Any help would be appreciated, my brain is fried over this!

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @Aniketh_Undemane!

You could probably figure it out with Zapier or my personal favorite automation platform Integromat.

But that would still be a relatively inefficient way of setting up your system, because Airtable is not really designed for you to have multiple bases (one for each person).

The most “proper” way to set this up in Airtable is to keep track of everyone’s time in one master table, and then use a portal tool like the MiniExtensions.com portal to enable people to view & edit their own records… without seeing anyone else’s records.

That would be the way that I would recommend setting it up. I feel that that would lead to your best long-term happiness & success.

If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you set all of this up, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com:

Alex_Weber
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey! A program employee time tracking software can help you with this. You can use it for your 4 employees, as well as for personal use.