cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello again all,

I believe there is another topic titled “Using Automations to Check a Box When Record Matches Conditions”. (I posted there but got no answer)

That thread seemed to have strayed a little off track. Because while “Update Record” IS a condition that ‘could’ be used, it’s only one option. And the steps seem to be different for each “Action Type” selected.

So, if someone could walk me through another one, like “When a Record is Created”, I would greatly appreciate it!

So, WITH A SCREENSHOT (please), can someone please explain how to use an automation to check a box? I’m putting true, false, one’s and zero’s everywhere and nothing is working!

As always, THANK YOU! :pray:

DG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Your Record ID is wrong. You need to choose the record’s internal Airtable Record ID from step 1.

If you’re not sure what I mean, watch the animated GIFs on this page to see what to choose:

See Solution in Thread

9 Replies 9

Hi DG,

you asked for a screenshot, so here it is :slightly_smiling_face:

This automation is ticking the checkbox on that field. Let me know why it doesn’t work for you!

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

PERFECT! Thank you! That is exactly what I thought it would look like.

Capture13

Now why doesn’t mine look like that???

Capture13-2

I mean, there aren’t that many moving parts!?! What am I missing here kind helper?

DG

You are using TRUE, not true.

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Capture14

Capture14-2

Same result!?!

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey Airtable chat team, can anybody help me out here??? I can’t figure out why this isn’t working for me!

I’m 100% sure that it’s operator error! It’s just that the ‘operator’ can’t get this one to work. lol

Thanks!

DG

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey guys, I feel like I’m being shut out here!?!

Can ANYBODY help me figure this step out??? Please…

Thanks,

DG

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Your Record ID is wrong. You need to choose the record’s internal Airtable Record ID from step 1.

If you’re not sure what I mean, watch the animated GIFs on this page to see what to choose:

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey ScottWorld, NOW YOU are my most favorite helper in the WORLD!!!

(and for the record, it was the GIF’s that sealed the deal!)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

DG

Hahaha, that’s why they call me ScottWorld! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You’re welcome!

Yeah, it’s strange that this very important piece of information is hidden away within animated GIFs in Airtable’s support article.