Take into consideration 3 fields then populate found result

Thanks in advance everyone for the help!!!

I am really having some issue finding the solution to this one.

I have a base with several tables and many different fields. For 1 of these fields, in 1 of the tables, I want it to be determined by 3 other fields in the same table. Basically, I want to use 3 conditions (for example: Name, Service, Language) and for the field to be autopopulated with a rate to be found in another table.

Is there any way to do this?

Definitely seems possible, but I don’t think there’s quite enough info provided to say definitively.

It sounds like you would want to use Linked fields for selecting the 3 conditions. These could either be linked to 1 other table, or more likely, 3 separate tables called ‘Names’, ‘Services’, ‘Languages’. On those tables you’d have a field called rate where you entered each condition’s rate. Then back on the initial table, you would create lookup fields for each of those 3 conditions, pulling in the ‘Rate’ from those other tables. Then, using a formula field you could add those 3 rates together to get a final price.

It’s not quite a 1-step solution, but does that sound like the kind of solution you’re hoping for?

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.