Help

Tanned, rested, and ready

1145 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve now touched down again, gotten over the obligatory cross-country-flight-induced cold, largely muddled through the [DST-intensified] time change, and begun the process of establishing an East Coast base of operations. (Bridging the San-Francisco-to-Southside-Virginia cultural shift would have been impossible in so short a time — quite likely impossible, one suspects,* regardless the time allowed.)

Accordingly, I should be increasingly present in Airtable community and increasingly available in general for assistance and consultation. I’m working my way through the backlog of promised responses — but, given this transition has taken so much longer than I first expected, feel free to remind me you’re still waiting. My mobile, annoyingly, doesn’t appear to have survived the journey, so for the next day or two the best way to reach me is through a PM here or an email to wvannhall@paladesigns.com.

2 Replies 2
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @W_Vann_Hall

Good to hear that things are working out for you.

Actually, I was wondering how your traveling was going.

I, too, went through a bit of a struggle with DST. I felt like I was still on ST, for a few days, which was kind of weird.

It’s good to see you back on Airtable.

Mary😀

t_h_23
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello @W_Vann_Hall,

I have seen some of your posts and your knowledge on this software is quite impressive. I am fairly new to airtable and am stuck on a problem that I was hoping you may be able to help me with.

I have two tables. One listing projects with various columns of project detail and another table listing hours logged for each employee for each day and for which project. I am easilby able to rollup the total hours for each project. However, I would like to dig a little deeper as per the following.

On the project table i would like to have a view that just lists the project name and then has 5 columns to the right which will show the employees who have accumulated the most hours for the project. Formatting this is easy, but I am having a hard time figuring out the calculations. The columns would look something like this (an example of the first two rows and the first 4 columns).

project name employee with most hours employee with 2nd most hours employee with 3rd most hrs
project name employee with most hours employee with 2nd most hours employee with 3rd most hrs

Is it even possible to be able to do these calculations and return an employee name? I know this is where excel is the easier software to use, but was hoping it was possible here. I really like what airtable has to offer and am hoping this is possible.

Hoping you could help me. Thanks