cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spark1001
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello all!

We are creating a table with a list of events that are occurring around the world. We import lists from partners with the event dates and times listed in the event location’s local time.

For example:

Dinner
7:00 PM
December 1, 2019

Webinar
4:00 PM
December 1, 2019

Conference Call
6:00 PM
December 5, 2019

We would like to be able to enter or import these events into our table using the event’s local date/time so we don’t need to manually convert them to GMT time.

I suspect we’ll also need a field to designate what time zone the event’s local date/time is entered as.

Then we’ll need an iCal calendar feed that accurately displays the event’s time relative to where our team members are right now. For example: the event is in Bangkok at 6:00 PM local time, show this on my calendar for 3:00 AM when I am in Los Angeles (Pacific time), but 6:00 AM for my team members in New York (Eastern time).

I see how a date/time field can get set to use GMT for all collaborators, but I think this requires us to first convert the event’s local time to GMT. How can we avoid this manual process and simply enter times in their local time, tell Airtable what timezone applies, then have Airtable figure out what time in GMT it is, then use that time for the iCal feed?

Thanks for your ideas and help!

0 Replies 0