Help

Track Manufacturing - from Order to despatch ? (UK Based)

Topic Labels: Views
866 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Les
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,
We are a manufacturing concern, making canvas stretcher bars. We have 6 different profiles /shapes, I will call these A, B & C etc. (to help later on).

We optimise and cut long lengths of wood (6mts) into different lengths according to customer requirements and are capable of manufacturing lengths from 200mm to 6,0mtr in increments of 1mm. However, the problem I want to overcome is viewing our production status at any given stage.

Let me lay out an example:
Customer A - orders 1000 x 8" long profile A, 1200 x 10" long profile A, 1000 x 12" long profile B and 500 x 8" profile C.
Customer B - orders 650 x 8" long profile A, and 2000 x 10"long profile C.
Customer C - orders 50 x 14" long profile D and 1000 x 18" profile E

Now, on an excel spreadsheet, we record this quite easily and it is easy to view. The problem arises when Customer B contacts us and tells us that he is desperate for his 2000 x 10" profile C and we have to change production schedules to accomodate him (we always like to help our customers).
If I move this production to the top of the list, then I need to see the Gantt chart change accordingly.
I also want to see at a glance (on airtable) how this looks.

If you are interested in helping or building this particular feature, then please drop me an email and I can send you a copy of our existing “production” schedule on Excel.
Apologies if all this sounds a bit vague, but I can send links to the website if needed.
thanks
Les

2 Replies 2

Hi @Les,

I would like to take a look at it and give you some suggestions.

Best Regards,
Mo

Hi Mo,

Thanks for getting back to me. What is best way to get you files ?

Cheers

Les at Mandev dot co dot uk