cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Blee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Good Afternoon,

I’ve just started having a look at airtable to see if it’s suitable for my needs. I’d like to keep track of many different budgets for a variety of expenditure in our business.

I currently have a base with two tables. The first is a site table detailing all of the sites we currently provide a service for. This table includes an annual materials budget.

The second table documents each instance of expenditure, which is linked to the corresponding site.

What I would like to do is to have a running tally of the expenditure for each site (which I’ve done by grouping by site which shows a sum at the top of the group). I then need to compare this expenditure to the budget from the sites table. Is there a formula for this? I’ve tried a few things but I’m not getting the correct result.

Ideally I’d also like to track this over the course of the year. So each instance of spending has a corresponding date and so airtable keeps track of the spending for each year and compares that to the budget as well. But I’ll cross that bridge if/when I get to it.

Kind Regards

Jason

Edit: regarding the second point I assume I’d be able to just filter the results for the corresponding year with a new view and keep track of it that way?

1 Reply 1
Ivan_Carlson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This base may help Accounts - Airtable Universe