cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replate
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Community!

Thanks for all your help and insight so far, as time goes on, I’m falling more and more in love in with airtable.

I’ve been designing a base for applicant tracking and hiring and struggling with what to do when we decide to hire a candidate. It seems messy to ALSO keep track of active employees in the same base, so I thought I might use IFTTT to transfer a record from one base to another, but struggling there as well.

Does anybody have experience transferring a single record from one base to a different one, and would be willing to guide me in the direction of how to accomplish it myself?

2 Replies 2

Zapier or Integromat are going to get you a lot further than IFTTT.

I’m more familiar with Zapier, so I’ll describe briefly what you can do with it:

• Create a view that filters to show only applicants you hire (by a Checkbox field, perhaps)
  • When you hire an applicant, check that box - they disappear from the main view and appear in the “Hired” view
  • Make a Zapier “Zap” that watches the “Hired” view of your table for new records that appear there
  • When a record appears, the Zap can look up all the data from that record, then create a new record in your “Employees” base and populate it with the information you need from the “Hired” applicant record
  • As a final step, the Zap could check another box in the “Hired” applicant record to signify that it has been transferred - you can then manually delete those “Transferred” records from time to time if needed/desired

OMG. Zapier is AMAZING. We didn’t look at them for so long because there were only 5 zaps for free, but then I found out they’ll give NPOs a free “Starter” account.