cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
persojgs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello All,

I’m looking to see what my options are to create and download a csv file generated from a base, but with a very specific format.

Right now I have a script that loads records from the base, creates a stringified csv document, and then saves that string into a multiline text cell in a different table.
The issue is that in order to use that text, I have to copy and paste the contents of the cell into a text document, save as a csv, then open in Excel.

Does anyone know of a way I could directly trigger a download of the csv, or even save it as a downloadable attachment in cell instead?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

I think you first should read this to get started … after which, you’ll surely have more questions. :winking_face:

Thanks Bill – I just set everything up to upload into a write-only google drive folder – easy enough solution for now.

Nora_Brown
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm successfully generating a CSV in a script block, and adding the result to a multi-line text field, as well as outputting it as text to the block `output`. But I'd prefer to attach it as a file, or better yet, have it download automatically. The latter doesn't seem possible right now. To attach a file you need to provide a url, but it doesn't seem to work with data/blob urls. Has anyone found a solution that doesn't involve uploading it to a 3rd party?