827 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erika_Mijlin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am having trouble using the fill handle to copy data quickly into a set of cells.
(Fill handle - the little crosshairs you get when you select a cell, that allows you to be able to copy from one cell to another by simply dragging - see support article here)
I’m not trying to get it to do series copying, where it continues a series or sequence. I would just like to copy the identical data from one cell to several others that are adjacent.
I have done this many times in my Airtable work and suddenly it doesn’t appear to want to select multiple cells, let alone use the fill handle to copy.
Stranger: In one base it’s working fine, but in another base it won’t work at all, in any of the tables - I drag from the corner and nothing happens.
My permissions on these bases are the same.

I saw one other post about this but it was closed without being solved.
Thanks for any ideas to try.

1 Reply 1
Matteo_Ottavian
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ciao Erika,

I just noticed that the feature works for me now on the web version after I relied on the desktop version for a couple of months whenever I needed to fill cells copying from others.
The only thing I did it in the meantime was to update my MAC OS to Big Sur. Chrome has always been updated.
Maybe you could try with the old trick of deleting Chrome cache? And if that doesn’t work maybe you could try and use Airtable desktop version? The desktop version has an annoying bug connected to the scrolling tab though.

Good luck!