671 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevin_tucker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m fairly new to Airtable, so I’m not sure I’m using the right terminology, but I have one database with (currently) 6 different tables, each with linked records between them. To put my question simply: I’ve got a column in Table A that is records in Table B, and then in Table C I want to be able to have a column for each of Table A and Table B, and since those two already have a “relationship” I want the column for Table B to auto-populate when I select what’s in the column for Table A. Otherwise, I’m manually selecting it redundantly and increasing the risk of error every time I do so.

Any help (whether answers, or the right terminology to refer to what I’m looking for) would be much appreciated!

1 Reply 1
kevin_tucker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I found the answer on my own, but for anyone else who’s new to this who finds this question, here’s the answer:
A “lookup field”. I had skipped this as a possibility, because I hadn’t taken the time to understand how it worked, and assumed it was something unrelated. (Read the instructions, folks).

Here’s a quick link for anyone looking:
[ok, apparently you can’t includes links here… never mind… look up “lookup field” in support]