841 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachel_Arpin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am receiving an error when testing a twitter automation.

Trigger: record is created
Action 1: find a record with conditions (character count=good, status =approved)
Action 2: post tweet of only that record
Error on action 2 test that twitter is missing the status parameter.

I got a twitter automation to work the other day using similar steps, except that it was tweeting ALL records instead of just the most recent one. (Secondary issue)

Question:
how do i fix the status error?

I’m a beginner. Please speak beginner language. Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @Rachel_Arpin! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: You said that the automation triggers when a record is created. How are you creating the records? Are they being created with a form, or are you making them manually?

This specific issue aside, what is your end goal? Knowing more about the entire process that you’re hoping to build will help us guide you through the other issue(s).

Rachel_Arpin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for reaching out @Justin_Barrett ! The records are being created by a form. Here is the setup of the automation

1. Find Record
    Conditions:

Character Count field = Good (i.e. less than 280 characters based on formula in table)
    Status = Approved (selected from form)

2. Post Tweet
    Records > List of ‘Field values’ > List of ‘Tweet’

The entire process is just that when I complete the form, I want it to post a tweet from the ‘Tweet’ field.

The error says that “Twitter reported an error while processing this action: Missing requried parameter: status.”

Thanks for the details. A problem that I see with your automation configuration is that the “Find records” action is going to return all records that match those conditions, not just the most recent one. However, if you change the automation trigger to “When record matches conditions” using those same conditions, delete the “Find records” action, and send the trigger results directly to the Twitter action, it will probably work. That setup will only trigger when a single record matches those conditions, and won’t trigger again on records that matched previously (unless a record unmatches and then re-matches, which doesn’t sound likely). In your case, it will only trigger on the single new record added from the form. I think that will be a more reliable trigger mechanism, as well as a more reliable method of getting that new record’s data into the Twitter action.

Thank you! I will try that out and touch back if I run into challenges.

Just an FYI that Airtable has discontinued its Twitter automations (even for people who were successfully using their Twitter automations in the past), so you will now need to use Make’s Twitter v2 integrations, which works with both v2 of Twitter’s API and the free tier of Twitter. It also works with paid tiers of Twitter as well.

Here is Make’s documentation on how to configure your Twitter API with Twitter’s API v2.

And, to trigger a Make scenario instantly from Airtable with no delays by using a webhook, check out this thread.

Also, there can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with the links to a few other Make training resources.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld