cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorian_Tohou
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there, :wave:

I’m hoping someone could help me out there with an automation issue. So here it is :

1. I’m recruting people. So I manually create a new record in a TABLE A. This record contains several information : email, name, contact date… I’ve also created a “single select field” called “Document received ?”. The choice is between YES or NO.

2. An Airtable form is sent to the candidate. It helps me gathering datas such as : ID Card, Licence driving, email, phone number, etc… Then, the form appears in a view : in a TABLE B.

Here is the problem : When a new form is received in TABLE B, I want to automatically update the record that matches the name (or the email) of the candidate in TABLE A. So I want the field “Document received ?” to automatically turn “YES”.

PS : I’ve created a “LINK TO” field in table A and an automation that works. BUT I have to manually update the field before the automation runs. Otherwise I receive an email that alerts me about an automation error.

Do you have any ideas about how I can solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot :pray:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hossam_Khedr
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Dorian,

1. Create new automation Trigger “When a record is Created” and choose in TABLE B

2. Create 2 actions the first is “Find Records” and choose in TABLE A condition where “Name” contains “Record(Steup1:Trigger) … Name”

• To to step number 2 press on the settings icon in the box after contains and select dynamic input then the plus sign then Record(from step1:When a record is created) then choose Name
  1. Create the second action “Update Record” and choose in TABLE A, in Record ID choose Records (Step2: find records) Records List of ‘Records ID’ finally in Fields select Documents Received and type yes in the options box

Hope this does it, best of Luck

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Hossam_Khedr

Hi Dorian,

1. Create new automation Trigger “When a record is Created” and choose in TABLE B

2. Create 2 actions the first is “Find Records” and choose in TABLE A condition where “Name” contains “Record(Steup1:Trigger) … Name”

• To to step number 2 press on the settings icon in the box after contains and select dynamic input then the plus sign then Record(from step1:When a record is created) then choose Name
  1. Create the second action “Update Record” and choose in TABLE A, in Record ID choose Records (Step2: find records) Records List of ‘Records ID’ finally in Fields select Documents Received and type yes in the options box

Hope this does it, best of Luck

Hi Hossam !

Thanks a lot, it works perfectly !! Huge thanks again :pray:

Hossam_Khedr

Hi Dorian,

You are more than welcomed.

Best Regards :slightly_smiling_face: