Help

Update multiple AT records with Integromat (bulk update)

Topic Labels: Integrations
2519 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Woodruff
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, when I run the watch records module trigger for updated records Integromat pulls a set of records. When this is passed to the update record module only the first retrieved record gets processed.
How to do a bulk update using Integromat?

7 Replies 7
cor
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

You can only update 10 fields at a time so will need to group the request in groups of 10. One way to do this is to use the “bundle order position” -> ceil({{bundle order posisition}}/10)

Hi, thanks for the reply. Googled ‘bundle order’ and I think the module I need is iterator

Jason_Woodruff

No, that’s not it. I have 9 bundles (collections) returned from the trigger. The create record module does just that, creates a single record using the first bundle. The other eight get ignored. I don’t think the iterator is the solution I thought it to be - to iterate the bundles!
Going to leave this here because I can live with .csv imports :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m no integromat expert (may be useful to post on their forum as well?) but in my experience if a module returns a numerous bundles integromat will automatically loop over all of them in future modules no?

Check your trigger module setup. Toward the bottom (scroll down if it’s not visible) you’ll see a “Max Records” field. With the “Watch Records” Airtable module, that field defaults to 1, so only one record will pass through. Empty it and the module will pass along as many records as it found, and you’ll have multiple updates.

Hi, that sounds like that’s the fix. I’ll certainly remember that when I get back to it. Thanks!

Glad to know that you got the answer you were seeking! If you would, please mark my comment above as the solution to your question. This helps others who may be searching with similar questions. Thanks!