cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Currently_Jason
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

I’m trying to update a filed in Airtable that is a linked Field and allows multi record links.

I’m using Integromat to try and do this but not sure how to format the text to update the record.

The field contains names linked to a Participant table. I’ve tried passing with comma separated values but I think it needs to passed as an array. How should I format the names to register as individual records?

Hope that makes sense

Cheers

3 Replies 3

You’ll need to use an array of the Record ID’s.

Alternatively, you can use an array of the Primary Field values if the primary field is a user-editable field (i.e. not a formula field).

If you use the primary field method and your primary field values don’t pre-exist in Airtable, then you’ll need to enable “Smart Links” in Integromat, which is the same thing as enabling “typecast” in Airtable’s API.

You can check out Airtable’s API documentation for examples of using the Record ID method, although their documentation is missing the primary field method.

p.s. If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & expert Integromat Partner to help you with this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com:

Currently_Jason
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for that Scott.

I have the Primary Fields formatted as shown but they are added as one entry and not an array. Is there another way I should format?

That’s just a text string that you typed up to look like an array, but it’s not actually an array.

You’ll need to use the array functions or the array aggregator or any of the other array features in Integromat to create an array.

Or, if you can’t figure that out, then just create the linked records separately, one at a time, using the create record module.