2669 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig_Cox
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have followed the directions in the helpful support page (https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/218151657-Using-Zapier-s-Multi-Step-Zaps-to-find-and-...) to find and update records) to create a multi-step Zap to record the “last contacted date” of a particular contact in my Airtable base.

The support page says:

we can set it up [the Zap configuration] so that the Date of last contact field of our Airtable base gets updated with the Date data of the most recent triggering Gmail, and the Last message field of our Airtable base gets updated with the Body HTML of the most recent triggering Gmail.

However, upon running the Zap after following these directions, the message body text in my Airtable base’s record is updated, but not the date of the most recent message. The date of the most recent message always remains the same as the original message from the sender.

So, to summarize: the message body updates properly using the Zap, but not the date of the most recent email. Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

-Craig

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Clover-Owe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey @craig_cox, did you ever get this working? I’d love to achieve a similar outcome.

Noah_Steinberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would be great to get this solved

thevincent
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am also interested as I use Airtable as a CRM. I go through my list manually but it’s annoying I would love to get an automatic update every time I have an email interaction with someone from the list. I think we could use Integromat but it sounds more complicated than Zapier in this scenario.