Updating the record failed due to insufficient permissions

Hi everyone,

I have an automation, where the automation should copy a field whenever a new record is created. It should copy the data from Instance field to All Events field in the same table. However I get an error that says “Updating the record failed due to insufficient permissions.”. I made this automation as the owner of the base and I have absolutely no idea what or where is going wrong.

Does anyone have any recommendations to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

3 Likes

The field that you are trying to update it’s a link to another table?

Hi,
I have the same problem and yes it’s when I’m trying to update a link to another table. Do you know what is the problem ?

Yes it is a lined field. But changed a bit the schema and now it is working.

How did you do that? :wink: I’m trying to update a link field as well, using automations.
I encountered the same error message: “Creating the record failed due to insufficient permissions.”

Thank you!! Be well,

I reversed the flow. I have 3 tables that play a role here. I have ‘Instance’ ‘Proposal’ and ‘All Events’. First The automation is living in ‘Proposal’. I wanted the automation to copy and paste the linked ‘Instance’ whenever a new Proposal occurs, in the same table, to ‘All Events’ field. It gave me back the same error. But I changed it, and made it like the following: When a new proposal is entered, do not make this automation in the same table, but go to ‘All Events’ and paste the Instance there. This way all of the 3 tables are connected. In my opinion, both methods should work so I guess this is sort of a bug.

1 Like

If I understand well, you link the record not from its table but from the linked table… So you must find the correct record in the linked table. I will try and see how it works.