cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anne_Kleinberg
5 - Automation Enthusiast

My logo is no longer uploading.

The instructions tell me to upload it as an URL, but all attempts to creat a URL out of it and upload it have failed. Why the change from what was perfect, and how do I get my logo image up?

Thanks!
Anne

6 Replies 6
Prosammer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey Anne!
When you say instructions, are you using this page? https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007852173-Attachment-field
In the past, Airtable did not have the option to upload images directly into Airtable, so I want to make sure you’re reading up-to-date info!

Assuming you have an attachment field in your base, you can click the “+” button in a row and upload a file from your computer by dragging and dropping the file on the window that says “Select files to upload”. It sounds like that might be the easiest solution for you, let me know if that doesn’t work or if you’d rather upload a different way!

Sam

HI Sam,

Thanks for the response.

I was actually using my logo as the image I wanted for the last couple of years - and it was inserted without any problem onto the Page Designer - which I use all the time.

Suddenly - a few months ago, I couldn’t use it anymore. The logo disappeared and I a message from within the program saying I had to upload a URL image, and then the mess started - couldn’t figure out how to do it that would be accepted.

Today I did some more research, found some issues related and figured out how to do it via the Attachment option.

But… that’s really a big headache - and adding an unnecessary item to the menu of my table.

Why make life so complicated? Why not be able to insert an image into the Page Designer as I’ve been doing for years?

Anne

Hey Anne,

No problem! That background story does sound irritating :slightly_smiling_face: I did a bit of looking and it looks like Airtable is considering adding a way to directly upload to page designer. In the meantime, I’d say your two easiest options are these:

1. Use a third-party site to upload your image ( like imgur.com) and then copy the URL. This would be super fast and easy! DOWNSIDE: Your logo would be publically available on the internet for anyone to see. This might not matter for a logo, but would matter for more private images!

2. You mentioned not wanting to clutter up your existing Airtable base (which makes sense), so you could instead create a second table in your base, add an attachment field to it, and then upload the image and copy the URL into your first tables’ page designer, keeping it clutter-free :slightly_smiling_face:

Let me know if I can help further!
Sam

Anne_Kleinberg

HI Sam,

I had the logo uploaded for years - no problem. Suddenly it disappeared. I’d really like to know what happened- I spent so much time designing the page and the logo vanished totally from all of my forms!
Next - I did use a third-party site - and it didn’t work! I used their url and my Page Designer just rejected it.
Not happy with the system these days…
Anne

Hey Anne,

I’d be happy to help you dive into why the third-party URL didn’t work in page designer if you want! Would you be able to post the URL that didn’t work or upload the logo again to imgur?

HI Sam,

Its really late here - so I’d rather continue this tomorrow if you’re around.

Thanks,
Anne

casa_caesarea_logo2_small.gif