1807 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emma_at_Dims
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! I am attempting to create templates for Quotes, Orders, and Invoices in Page Designer Block. I am having trouble uploading our logo.

I watched the tutorial video and it says to link to records using { } so I created a line in the base with the logo attached and linked to it, but it’s not producing anything.

Is it possible to upload the logo outside of linking to a base? (that would be ideal)

Thank you in advance for any advice :slightly_smiling_face:

Emma

4 Replies 4

Hey there!

You can add an image into your page designer by typing the URL here:CleanShot 2020-04-15 at 08.00.33@2x

I’d always recommend using Airtable to do this though, as it will make the solution less dependent on other services

Hope this helps!

Emma_at_Dims
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks so much for your response — I’ve tried multiple URL options including linking from airtable — every scenario lands me with an image icon inside the image box. It also won’t let me post here with an image to show what I am talking about, so I’m not sure how to illustrate the issue I am encountering. I’m contacting Airtable directly about both issues but would love any further advice you can provide :slightly_smiling_face: Given that I cannot upload a photo here, perhaps there is a deeper issue.

Ok - Sorry I can’t be of more help here! Please do post the solution once you know it!

Hi @Emma_at_Dims - it is possible that there is something wrong with your image URL - have you tested it directly in a browser to see if it renders as expected?

For a truly static image that doesn’t change with each record, e.g. a logo, then dragging a static image placeholder from the sidebar to the canvas and then entering the image URL in the box should work:

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 13.13.35

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 13.20.29

Note that some of the URL is obscured here by the width of the box.

If you want a per record image, there’s two ways to do this depending upon how your base/image field is set up.

You can have an attachment field with an image in it or a URL field that has the URL of the image (somewhere out on the public web):

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 13.09.58

With the attachment field you can just drag it onto the canvas from the LH sidebar:

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 13.12.32

With the URL field, add a static image to the canvas as above, then have the static image reference the URL field (in curly braces):

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 13.13.56

JB