1498 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander-Jerry
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello… I am organizing a registration form for a non-profit that makes beach accesiblle adventures happen once a year in Santa Cruz. It’s a free event, and I’ve been collecting data about participants but I need to send the participants a new form to register for an activity.

We have the following activities and availability per slot:
Kayak - 4 people every half hour
Scuba - 6 people every half hour
Floatation - 2 people every half hour
Beach Wheelchair Rides - 2 people every half hour
Outrigger - people every half hour

My table works, but the problem is registration. Ideally I want to go through a process like this:

1. Only activities with available spots are visible.
  2. They choose an activity.
  3. Only available time-slots are visible
  4. They choose a time-slot corresponding to THAT activity.

I can’t seem to display information correctly. I’ve been working on this for many hours now. Please halp. I would show the table, and, it’s populated with info already and continues to do so.

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, Alexander! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: The scenario you described requires conditional logic in a form, particularly when it comes to choosing time slots corresponding to a chosen activity. Unfortunately Airtable’s forms don’t offer that kind of flexibility at this time, but you can get that by using some third-party tools. The main one I’m familiar with is On2Air: Forms (by @openside), which ties into JotForm. It’s the latter that provides the conditional logic, though I’m not sure if that alone will do what you need.

Alexander-Jerry
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello Justin! Thanks for your response. I was so burned out trying to figure that out that I never got back to this post to declare I figured it out. I had to make the first column be a Formula that concatenated the event + time listing from another table. It didn’t look as nice as having the event + time slots displayed in a gallery, but it was the fix that I needed. If each gallery view could be an individual fillable form, that would be AWESOME, but not necessary at the moment.

How long have you been using AirTable for, Justin? Have you found any resources helpful for getting started? Do you consider yourself an advanced user, and if so, where did you turn to for support in developing good data management practices?

Glad to hear that you were able to find a solution! :thumbs_up:

I’ve been using Airtable for about four months. In terms of resources, this community is probably at the top of the list. I’m an avid problem-solver that loves to experiment and learn by doing, and a lot of what I’ve learned has come by seeing what others are doing here, trying it out on my own, experimenting with alternative spin-offs of those ideas, etc. I’ve also got a pretty extensive background in scripting and programming, so that helps when it comes to building formulas. I’m not sure exactly how I’d rank myself in terms of experience. While I’m comfortable concocting strange arrangements of tables and formulas to solve unique problems, I’m still learning a lot as I go about data management, again relying heavily upon advice that I see offered here and elsewhere.

Alexander-Jerry
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for being so helpful Justin :slightly_smiling_face: I’m very stoked about AirTable and look forward to learning more from you. Your solution in my other post proved to be very helpful, and I ended up hiring somebody on Fiverr to do some manual clean-up. I’ll explain more over there.