useBase and useCursor not working properly

• useCursor does not re-render my component when the active Table or active View changes
  • useBase does not re-render my component when I add or remove tables or when I rename fields

This was working a week ago. Any feedback?

2 Likes

Hey Luis,

Thank you for raising this bug. Our team has identified the issue and is working on a fix. I’ll follow up once we’ve made progress here.

Albrey

5 Likes

Hey Luis - checking in here. Our team deployed fixes to the bug that disabled your component re-rendering. Can you double check that it’s working properly? Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Albrey,

It seems to be working as before except that useCursor() works slightly differently.
Before I was able to get the activeTableId property value synchronously when changing tables and when creating a new table, but not when deleting.
Now I can get it when changing or deleting tables but not when creating a new one.

Example:

const base = useBase();
const cursor = useCursor();
const table = base.getTableByIdIfExists(cursor.activeTableId);

When creating a new table cursor.activeTableId is null and this code will throw an error.
I understand that this may be expected and the developer should address that in his implementation; what’s worth mentioning is that it was working before and may affect some applications.

1 Like

Thanks for flagging, Luis. As you mentioned, we expect that behavior. Here’s the documentation for handling use cases like this for your reference.

1 Like

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.