Using an IF clause for only the first occurence

Hey there! I’m massively hitting a wall with something that might take a script?

I’m creating a Production Planner/Tracker for a YT Channel and want to have a formula that spits out the current date & time of when the {Production Status} is changed to “Post-Production” so that I have a {Post-Prod. Start Date}.

That worked fine with: IF({Project Status} = "Post-Production",LAST_MODIFIED_TIME(), BLANK())

The problem comes when I have to switch the {Production Status} to “On Hold” or “Complete”. It obviously removes the {Post Prod. Start Date} Value. And in the case of “On Hold” it will then go on to replace it with a new date and time if/when the project gets set back to “Post-Production”.

So my question I guess is, how do I get the formula to only run the first time around - or what other work-around is there?

I hope this makes sense :open_mouth:

Thanks in advance!
Sharon

Formulas always recalculate.

Instead you can use an automation to move the value to an editable field the first time based on conditions.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.