1032 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lori_Deibel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am new to Airtable, and am building a very simple database for a school to allow families to find the necessary books assigned to their students’ classes. I like the Gallery view for this, but when I set up a filter so that a parent can simply select the course from a drop-down menu, I am not given the option to select comparison values for that filter. The course names are controlled vocabulary, so I should be able to give the user an alpha list of courses to choose from.

If this doesn’t work, then there’s no point!

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Lori_Deibel and welcome to the community!

You are trying to use a single or multi select field as a filter I understand (?), but Airtable doesn’t work that way. Depending on how you are sharing the info (shared view link I guess?), people can filter the data themselves.

Not sure if I got your question right though :man_shrugging:

Thank you for your response! I am a librarian, so I am used to using controlled subjects to “force” filters. In the start-up documents I read online, I saw that when I’m setting up a filter, the third step is to select comparison values that will give my parents a pull-down menu of course names to select. That’s the only filter they will need. Is that possible?

Lori

I’m afraid it isn’t possible to limit the filter possibilities to just 1 filter.