cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFGF
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all,

Have you used this functionality before? If so, how did you implement it? This is just not working for me. https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007655568-Using-forms-to-edit-tables-with-Zapier?a...

Here’s what I am trying to do: I need to be able to update just one cell (don’t know what it’s called in the Airtable world… so, will refer to it as cell for now) when the user fills a form. This form has three sections. Two are pre-filled and the third is updated by user.

Currently, any user updates are creating a brand new record. This is a HUGE problem. Each of my records has a QR code. If a new record is created after each user update, that would mean creating a new QR code for each record, i.e., each user will have more than one QR code. That is a near death scenario for my project. (Not being dramatic at all.)

So, I need to update just one cell when the user updates the form. The rest of the record and the table needs to stay the same.

I have been trying the multi-step zap in the link above. It’s not working.

Anybody out there who could share how they solved this problem?

Many many thanks,
Airtable Newbie!

1 Reply 1
Antoine_Morin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am wondering if you can use typeform for that (I can’t insert link here, don’t know why, but you can look for “update-airtable-records-from-new-typeforms” in google I guess).

Please tell me if it works, I have the same problem than you and didn’t find a good solution. For now, I just prefill the form but the user deselect the prefilled data and choose another (witch is a problem for me).