cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JM-Koalas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,
I am new to airtable and i have a challenging task.
I am using airtable as a CRM for my business.

We want to create a view for records (Leads) with created time between 08:00 PM and 09:00 AM
The reason for doing that is because i want to use this view as a trigger for zapier.

I could not find any available filter that handle time of the day.

I have already created a column that show only time of the day by using the below formula:
DATETIME_FORMAT({Date Of Creation},
“LTS”)
Please check the image

how this data can be used to filter certain time?
Thanks in advance for any support or advice on this.

Regards,

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @JM-Koalas! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: In a case like this where you can’t directly filter on the data, create a formula field to isolate records within that time span, then filter on that formula’s output. Here’s a formula that should work:

OR(
    DATETIME_FORMAT(SET_TIMEZONE({Date of Creation}, "America/Los_Angeles"), "HHmmss") >= "200000",
    DATETIME_FORMAT(SET_TIMEZONE({Date of Creation}, "America/Los_Angeles"), "HHmmss") < "090000"
)

I had to force the timezone to my local time. Without that, the date is interpreted as GMT. Change the timezone specifier as needed for your area.

That formula will return a 1 when the time is on or after 8pm, or before 9am, no matter the date. Make a view filter that only shows records where this formula returns a 1, and that should work as a Zapier trigger.

JM-Koalas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Justin_Barrett
You are a super hero.
Thanks a lot, that is exactly what i was looking for.
I tried it as Australia/Melbourne time and it worked perfectly.
Thanks again