cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Parker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All,

Is there a way that I can view all of my records that include dates (across tables) in one place? For example, I put in due dates or target dates in records. Can I look at all of the due dates this week at once?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

As you described it, not. What is your scenario? You can use Linked Record and Looup fields to bring dates to other tables.

Andrew_Parker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks. I tried what you suggested but don’t think it solves my issue.

Right now, I track projects on airtable. I have a board “Project Management” and a different table within that board for each project. Each of the projects are duplicates of a “Template” table I created. So when a new project comes along, I duplicate the Template table, rename it, and then it is ready.

Each project has 34 “steps.” Each “step” has a due date. Right now, I can view a calendar of all the dates for one given project. But I’d like to see a calendar with all of the steps (across all projects) that are due on X date or X week.

You should have 2 tables:

• Projects
  • Steps

And relate them with a Linked Record field representing that “a Step belongs to a Project”. In the Projects table you could Group steps by Project, create a View for every Project, and so on. Of course, you could have a calendar View with all the steps that are due on X date or X week.

For the template, you could have a dummy project with the steps and duplicate all of them.

There are other threads about project and tasks management, take a look: