Help

What happened to adding new records to a linked table?

1065 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Chinn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has anyone else suddenly lost the ability to add a new record to a linked table?
This seems to relate to the recent update for limiting record selection to a limited view.
In grid view my users used to be able to click on the + button in the linked cell to select a linked record and then add a new blank record from there. Now they can only see existing records.

5 Replies 5

I’ve not seen that — but is the primary field of your linked record a calculated value?

Hi,
Yes pretty much all our pk use auto number.
Almost all our linked fields are also multi record

After trying a number of different combinations of filtered views and calculated primary fields, I can’t get Airtable to block me from creating a new linked record — even when the view is filtered to hide any record containing a value automatically inserted into the primary field. You should probably contact Support directly…

Chris_Chinn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks again.
Interesting, the problem doesn’t present in the phone app. (Predominantly we open in Chrome).

Does your view have records grouped by a calculated field? If so, create a new view without groups and you should be able to create new records. Otherwise, I’m not sure what your issue is.