3465 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc_weitz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d like to know if airtable handles tabs as different tables or if the content is placed into one table in the base.

4 Replies 4

Airtable is able to import in CSV format, which is a text format with a record per line, with the fields separated by commas (Comma Separated Values :grinning_face_with_sweat: ). So I think you only can import one table each time.

Check the help: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/sections/200928025-Importing-and-adding-data

Elias is correct—as of right now, you can’t directly import an entire spreadsheet with multiple tabs (e.g. an .XLSX file) as such into Airtable. Instead, you have to import individual CSVs, which are flat and can only contain the information from a single table.

Would the ability to import a tabbed spreadsheet directly into Airtable be useful for you? If so, I’d love to hear more about it.

Sam_ccf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I created multiple forms for church activities registration. Each form is quite complex with up to 100 fields. I currently export one CSV per form with multiple records in each CSV then use automation in google spreadsheets to split this into different tabs and share these with relevant people.

Moving to Airtable, the ideal scenario I think (correct me if there is a different way currently available) would be either:
a) import CSV via CSV import block, and automatically import fields to specific tables
b) import google sheet or excel file containing multiple tabs and automatically import fields to specific tables

Thanks!

Steph_Huske
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The ability to import a multi-tabbed sheet would be super helpful for me, Katherine! I’m new to Airtable and would love to use it for tracking voiceover talent expirations and currently have a tab for each of my voiceover clients and each has their own projects listed on their tabs.