What is the best base setup?

Hi

I am thinking of setting up a base, but I am not sure what’s the best way. I want to create a base that will have about 25 different TV shows (having the same number of tables will be too many tables in one base). Then I want to have fields for: TV Show Name, Season, Episode Number, Air Date and Name Of Episode. These Field Names will remain the same, just the data entered will be different and I will be entering data on a weekly basis, that’s why I was thinking of using Integromat.

Views might be a little tricky with Integromat, so I don’t want to use them.

Any help would really help.

Thank you,
Mary

You need 2 tables, one for Tv Shows and another for Episodes, both related by a Linked Record field.

Hi Elias_Gomez_Sainz

Thank you. This makes perfect sense.

Mary

PS I just realized that there will be five fields for each TV show, will this still work?

I am trying to visualize how this will look.

Thank you,
Mary

Which fields? It depends on the type of data.

Hi Elias_Gomez_Sainz

The fields will be:

Number of Records (Auto #)
TV Show Name (Long Text)
Season (Multiple select)
Episode Number (Multiple select)
Air Date (Date Field and Formula)
Name Of Episode (Long Text)
Notes (Long Text)
Time Created (Time Stamp)

I am no sure what records/fields to link.

Thank you,
Mary

You have 2 entities: TV Shows and Episodes, each with properties, and a relation between them (an Episode belong to a TVshow, or a TVshow has Episodres, as you want), so you create a Linked Record field in one of the tables (it will be reflected in the other one). You have a relation between entities, so you link Tables, not Fields.