What's the best solution for organizing a Weekly Status in Airtable

We need to plan and follow up our teams on a weekly basis.
Or we do it with start-end dates (but then we need multiple lines for the same person) Or we create a column for every week (see screenshot). Not the best database-design, but it works for now.
also for creating totals… it’s quite challenging (W01+W02+…W52)

Are there better solutions to tackle this ?

Hi @Kristof_Vandenbogaer and welcome to the community!

You could add a single date field (manually filled or eg a “created time” field) to every record and create a formula field that gives you the week number. You can then group by that field.

Use:

WEEKNUM(date)

At this moment I have 52 (week)columns where we can give the percentage planned of the employee.
Alternative is that we use a new record for every project/employee/task with a start-end date, but this gives us not the visibility and the flexibility to do a planning on a weekly base.
. This is a far better database model, but it has not the same user interface flexibility. People are used to fill in an Excel, and fill the % in every week. Very effective, but less OK Database structure…

The disadvantage of our method is that we can’t create a timeline/gant/chart or other “easy” reporting tools.

Choosing is losing, but I would use a database tool as a database, and not a wannabe Excel for UX reasons. Personal thought of course :slight_smile:

I agree…
But you don’t want to manage 250 people with 20 managers who will need to fill in a new record for every week of every task… just not manageable
(but that’s a scaling problem. Tbh the way we have implemented it now works very fluent, but we need some extra backend-workarounds to get our reporting and I was wondering if there were better setups)

Automations could help creating recurring tasks. Maybe that could be something to explore?

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.