Help

Wondering whether I can do these things . .

Topic Labels: Extensions
1340 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zac_Eichenbrenn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello all!

I am a new airtable user. There are a few things that I am wondering whether I can do with airtable.

1. Is there any way that I can use an airtable base to mailmerge into a microsoft word document? I know that I can export an airtable base to an excel file, and then mailmerge into word, but is there any way to do this in one step?

2. Similarly, is there any way that airtable can directly mailmerge into a PDF?

3. Right now, I’m having trouble using working with images in an airtable base. I can get them in to a table easily, but I’m having trouble getting them out. Is there any way that I can print all of the images/PDFs stored in a base with a single command? Furthermore, if there is a way to print all of the images/PDFs at one time, is there a way to print them full sized? Right now, when I try to print the base, all I can print are image/PDF thumbnails,

4. Lastly, I have a question about the Sendgrid block. Does one send emails directly from within Airtable, or does one send emails from the sendgrid website?

Thank you everyone!

2 Replies 2

Zac, welcome to the Airtable Forum!

I have run into the same challenges and had to use the API to achieve this level of automation. I wrote about one such process here.

I believe this could be done with Office 365 (and scripting) much the way I did it with Google Apps.

Robert_Heaton
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The Page Designer block, part of the paid plans, works like a mail merge, pulling user-specified fields into a document layout that can be printed or saved as a PDF.

Page Designer should also help you with the images. When saving or printing from that block, you can specify printing just the one record or all records in the view. There’s also an option to print images at their original resolution.

I have not used SendGrid, but the video at https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005572493-SendGrid-block shows the email drafts, with a Send button, right in the block.