Help

Zapier Find Record In AirTable - search Value format?

Topic Labels: Automations
1225 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Kiwi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m not having success using Zapier Find Record.
Is my Zap Find Search Value query format in Step 4 off? (see screenshots: ZAP query value and AT field value match)

AirTable Automation
Step 0: send a Slack Message that includes the RecordID (from field with RECORD_ID())

Zapier Steps
Step 1: Monitors slack channel for New Messages
Step 2: Filters to ensure it is sent by Bot and contains a RecordID
Step 3: Formatter extracts the RecordID

Step 4:
using Formatter OUTPUT value to search the Record_ID() field, but tests return: # Failed to find a record in Airtable. Error from halted execution: Nothing could be found for the search.

Thanks for reading, appreciate any assistance!

zap_AT_Find
AT_RecordID_Find

2 Replies 2
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

All looks good from your screenshots… but could the output of your formatter step possibly have a leading or trailing space? Sometimes it’s as simple as that :smiling_face_with_halo:

If so, you could add another formatter step to trim the output from step 3. Or use one script step in place of both formatter steps to save on task usage.

Happy to help further if the above doesn’t solve the issue, but it would be helpful to see a sample value from slack as well as more info on your existing formatter step :+1:t2:

Ah. I had a leading in my message generation step. Tests are now working as expected. Thanks for your assistance!