cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jowan_qupty
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,
I’m having trouble figuring out how to create a path in Zapier that is true if the “Find Record” action actually finds a record, and false if it doesn’t find a record. Correct me if i’m wrong, but there doesn’t seem the be a “Found record” filter for the paths, Any idea?

Example:

1. Trigger
  2. Find Record in Airtable based on Trigger
    3. Path A) If any record found
    —> 4. “Action 1”
    3. Path B) If no record found
    —> 4. “Action 2”

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

2 Replies 2
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

In Zapier Searches, if No result is found in the search, then it will stop executing the zap at that point. That is why they have that checkbox on the Search at the end that says: ‘Create Airtable Record if it doesn’t exist yet?’ . If you check that box, then if No Result is Found, it will create one based on the details provided and return that record so that the rest of the zap can continue.

So, you can use that feature to enter a new record if one not found and include some unique identifier to let you know on the next step that this new record was just added (meaning what you were searching for was not found) and use that knowledge to create your path. Not ideal I know but it works. If interested in an alternative approach, ping me at dan@openside.com

Good luck!

Zapier just added branching a few months ago, so paths are now possible. However, you would need to setup an airtable step first OR use a value from your trigger to set up the filter first.

Not 100% sure what that looks like yet, but I’m plying around and will hopefully figure something cool out.