cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachel_Stephens
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Community!

My goal is to track Slack conversations about our clients.

My database is based on the Sales CRM template, but with adaptations to try to connect and automate our data.

Here’s what I have so far:

• Slack messages are formatted as #airtable #clientname message
  • Zapier triggers whenever someone uses #airtable and imports the entire message thread to a (hidden) “Raw String” field in the Interactions table
  • I use functions to parse the “Raw String” text to separate #clientname and message into their own respective fields in the Interactions table
  • I’ve added a “Match” field to the Accounts table so that all #clientnames are associated with a specific account

In summary: I have #clientname associated with client in Accounts, and I have #clientname as a calculated field in Interactions.

In an ideal world, what I’d like to do next is automatically pull in client to Interactions using the #clientname as a lookup. This feels like it should be straightforward, but I’m having a hard time with this final step.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this lookup? My apologies if this is a noob question, but I’d love any advice or references you may have!

0 Replies 0