3293 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BGWiki
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I need someone who is experienced in all three applications. I’ve spent many weeks/days/hours building out my Airtable that utilizes Jotform (but I’m not married to it if another form can do better) and Zapier for some (what I consider) basic automations. There seems to be some glitches: having Zapier do an action doesn’t produce the same results as doing it by hand. Ex) using a Zap to paste an email into a field A which comes from an existing record (B) in another table, where B is a “linked” field in Airtable. This should compile all of the records with field A into field B. When doing by hand, field A and B are linked. When using Zapier, they are not linked and AT produces a new record instead of compiling everything linked into the existing record.

Furthermore, I cannot understand how I can pull data from AT to pre-populate a form. I want to send that form out to recipients, but because I want a record of each time I send the form to the same recipient, I don’t want the form to simply update the recipients record. Instead I want the form to come in as a new record, and then I want to compile all of those interactions into the person’s permanent record. So the form needs to be attached the recipients unique identifier in my records, but it cannot be editable to the recipient so they don’t mess with their unique identifier, but the other questions in the form need to be editable to the recipient.

I feel like these are very simple issues with probably very obvious answers, but I’ve spent a lot of time trying different things, using forums and tutorials, and every successful action creates another problem. I just want to hire someone who knows these products well enough to make it happen quickly.

3 Replies 3
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi we are perfectly suited for that. We even have products for both zapier and jotform to assist you.

Https://openside.com/airtable-solutions

Feel free to set up a time to chat here: https://drift.me/openside

Melanie_E_Magda

Hi there!!

Linked records can be a little tricky in Zapier because you have to put the record id into the field (in your case “email”) which means you have to

1. trigger: new jotform
  2. action: create a record to add the email to table b first
  3. action: create a record again in table a with the record id from step 2 in the linked record field.

I’d love to help you out with this and Jotform pre-fills :slightly_smiling_face: In fact, I just wrote a series of recipes in my Automation Cookbook using Zapier+Airtable+Jotform! (Check out the “Logging Cancels” and “Collecting Feedback” ones for this precise combo).

And of course, if you’d like to hop on a video call instead let me know!

Kind regards and best of luck,
M2

JotForm just recently released a direct integration with Airtable—so depending on what you want to accomplish, you might not need to use Zapier. Hope that helps!