2265 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom_Hounsell
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like to create a form that lets my club members update their own information and then use Zapier to update their actual record. The 3 step Zap example for this works fine, but I don’t want to require my members to populate the fields that don’t need changing. Is there a way to tell Zapier to only update the fields that have values in the triggering record?

Alternatively, is there a way to show a form with the input fields pre-populated based on the member’s record?

2 Replies 2

My experience with Zapier is that with an update it changes only those fields for which you provide a value.

For instance, i recently wrote a Zap to take the output of a rollup field, consisting of a number of short strings separated by the newline character (essentially, hitting ‘enter’ at the end of a line), and stuffing it into a long text field. (The latter, if I use it in a gallery or Kanban view, will show me several lines of text instead of just the first.) Counting both user-editable and generated fields, there are roughly 60 per record; the only one changed by the Zap is the long text field.

It is possible to prefill a form, but make sure never — even more never than usual — to expose any data even remotely sensitive. You can find the details here.

Ah, yes! That’s great. Problem anticipated and fixed in advance, I guess. Thanks.