Calendar enhancements ๐Ÿ“†

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Hi all -

I hope your week is off to a great start.

Iโ€™m excited to share two new calendar enhancements that apply to both the view and the new interface element.

Cover images: similar to the gallery and kanban views, calendar will now support specifying an attachment field and rendering the first image in entries.

Customizable labels: similar to timeline and kanban views, calendar will also now support full customization of the fields displayed in entries, as well as their formatting

b48d5411feaca20f6aa0c3c10093cee0598d9fb1.png

Additional resources:

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

This will be fully rolled out today. If you donโ€™t see the changes, please clear your cache.

27 Comments
Sean_Wilson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hmmm, unfortunately doesnโ€™t work too well.
Items with only an end date only show a single line. No other information is shown. Hover over the calendar and it shows the extra info. Makes it basically useless though.
Then of course if you add more than one label they somehow override each other and its useless again.

Maria
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

As in kanban view hey!

Douglas_Borgo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This โ€œimprovementโ€ has broken the functionality of the calendar for me and, I am sure, for many others. I made a separate post of this but was directed to this discussion, so I wanted to explain the problem here as well.

I have a webpage shared view of a calendar that has a button link to a URL. Previously I could have the button seen when a record was expanded on the web view of the calendar.

Now if the button is enabled under โ€œcustomize labelsโ€ it adds the text of the URL to the calendar entry. How can I continue to have that button to link a URL on a web shared calendar without it showing in the title of the calendar event?

Images to explain what is happening. The button is named โ€œChange Request.โ€ The first image shows the button hidden and therefore not available, but the calendar looks like I want it to. The second with the button enabled, adding the URL information in the event title. The third image is how it has always looked when the calendar event is clicked on to expand the record. This is where the URL could be clicked on. This all worked until just recently.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

In an effort to improve the calendar, Airtable ended up completely breaking it. :cry:

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

@Jordan_Scott1 - any details for when the next Calendar updates/fixes will be ready for review? Iโ€™m really hoping to see some long standing Calendar requests addressed with this current development push.

Pfaufisch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m struggling to use a calendar view with multiple dates, and Iโ€™m wondering if Iโ€™m just completely missing something, or if this is broken as well. I have configured a calendar view to use two date fields with different labels. My expectation would be (as implied by this support document) that a record that has both of those fields filled should show up two times in the calendar view, showing the configured label. However, each record is displayed only once.

I double checked with the Print Editorial Calendar template that uses multiple dates in the calendar view as well: It does show multiple entries for records, but only if the dates are not within the active timescale. I feel like that is not as itโ€™s supposed to work?

Update: Seems to be fixed now, multiple dates per record are visible again.

Karl_L
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Many issues brought up in this thread are equally relevant for the Timeline view type.

• Showing the word โ€œ(empty)โ€ is completely unnecessary and creates confusion and ugliness
  • Displaying the entire URL of a Button field also ruins the visual of the Timeline

The calendar: (from @Douglas_Borgo post)

The Timeline: (my use case)