Help

Community Change Maker: Hannah Wiginton

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

The Airtable Community Change Maker Spotlights are a new ongoing series where we will be highlighting inspirational creators across the Airtable Community. For our first spotlight, we are thrilled to be able to highlight Hannah Wiginton ♥️

JS: How would you describe yourself on the back of your autobiography?

HW: Hannah Wiginton is a professional marketer, copywriter, and grant writer helping thoughtful, passionate companies grow.

She has her own solo consulting business, HW Consulting, where she supports companies with marketing and strategy. She's the Director of Marketing for On2Air, a software company that creates extensions and apps for Airtable. She's also the Communications Director for a nonprofit organization helping kids in foster care, where she manages communications, marketing, and grants.

Focused and driven, she's created and managed marketing and ad campaigns, spearheaded fundraising events, and written grant proposals generating millions of dollars in revenue for organizations.

When not marketing, Hannah can be found camping, reading, tinkering with software tools (like Airtable), or out in nature. She lives in Abilene, Texas, with her family of 4.

JS: How long have you been using AIrtable?

HW: Since approximately 2016

JS: How do you use Airtable? At work? At home?

HW: I started using Airtable for personal projects - tracking my gardening and books.

Now I’m the Director of Marketing for On2Air, a company that creates extensions and apps for Airtable! To say it’s been a big part of my life is pretty accurate!

JS: What is your favorite Airtable feature?

HW: Narrow down to a single one?! That’s hard to do. But really just having the ability to create and customize an app quickly and then access it from anywhere makes it a game changer.

Also, the classic Grid view. It’s still my favorite view.

JS: How did you learn how to use Airtable?

HW: Jumped in headfirst. When it comes to tech, I like the challenge of figuring it out. I started creating fields to track my flowers - the name, image, type, notes, and more.

JS: If someone is looking to start learning Airtable, what resources would you send them?

HW: First, get involved in all the Airtable online communities! There are multiple Airtable experts, power users, and consultants who can jump in and help you if you get stuck while setting up your Airtable base.

Check out the Airtable Forum, the BuiltOnAir Airtable community, and the Airtable Facebook community.

For training and to get up to speed on all things Airtable, check out GAP Consulting Training and Learning Airtable by @ScottWorld .

JS: What is your favorite Airtable project you’ve ever worked on?

HW: I create multiple Airtable templates through On2Air to help customers get going. Probably an E-commerce Airtable template.

JS: What is your favorite thing about the Airtable Community?

HW: Helping others who need help with their project in Airtable - helping them have an ‘aha!’ moment on something they didn’t know how to do or were struggling with.

And of course, all the other Airtable experts who I’ve met along the way who are having as much fun using Airtable as I am!

JS: What advice would you give to new members of the Airtable Community?

1. HW: Add a few of the pre-built Airtable templates to your workspace. Tinker with them, break them, and dig into how they’re built. You’ll learn a ton!

2. Join the Airtable communities right away! That way, when you’re building, you can ask questions and get help.

JS: Who in the Airtable Community inspires you and why?

@Kamille_Parks - Kamille can figure out anything in Airtable. Super smart and helpful to so many others in the community.

Dan Fellars - Dan pioneered and built Airtable integrations before anyone else. He created features many customers needed. He’s still focused on building extensions to make Airtable even better.

There are many more people I could mention who help and inspire others to succeed in using Airtable!

JS: What is your favorite hobby outside of work?

HW: Camping, reading, running, tinkering with software, and just being outside with my family are my favorite things

JS: Anything else you’d like to share?

HW: Being part of the Airtable community is a blast! Airtable is growing and it’s fun to help others grow with it.

4 Comments
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Thanks for the shoutout, Hannah!

This is a cool idea! There are so many dedicated folks in the community

Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Wow, thank you so much, @Jordan_Scott1! Thank you for letting me be part of the Airtable community! It's awesome to get to interact with everyone and learn so much.

Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

For sure, @Kamille_Parks! You're awesome!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thanks for shouting me out, too, @Hannah_Wiginton!! 😃🙌 That's so sweet of you! 🥰

p.s. Here's the link to Learning Airtable, which people can take for free by signing up for a trial membership with LinkedIn Learning.