Help

Community Platform 23.3 Release Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisShernaman
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Welcome to our first Airtable Community Platform Release Update where we will share an update of all the latest enhancements and bug fixes that have been deployed.

First and foremost, we want to thank you all for your patience and feedback on the Community experience as our team has been transitioning to a new platform. We’ve been hard at work resolving many of the UI issues and bugs that came up during our platform migration. This is the first of a series of updates we’ll be making, and we look forward to seeing the experience improve for everyone throughout this process. 

Big shoutout to the following members who provided detailed and thoughtful feedback that helped address these issues.

@kuovonne, @Hannah_Wiginton, @Furst_Name, @Bill_French, @Andy_Cloke, @Databaser, @Karlstens, @Pedro_Pais, @Nathaniel_Grano 

You found it! We fixed it!

• We’ve removed ‘invalid HTML’ errors that were showing up even when there was no HTML present.
  • You no longer need to obtain a certain rank to be able to edit your own posts. Everyone can now easily edit their posts regardless of rank.
  • You used to be restricted from changing your username. We’ve updated that setting so that you can edit your username once you’ve reached the rank of Contributor. Most folks earn that rank by engaging in our Community with actions like commenting, giving kudos, or starting a new post.
  • We were running into an issue with upload image attachments. These have now been fixed, so you should be able to easily add photos to your posts.

Other fixes that shipped in this cycle:

• Solution check mark color has been updated to dark green.
  • Rank icons have been updated with a transparent background.
  • Preview attachments have been enabled so members can view attachments before clicking into a post.
  • Lengthy labels have been removed from the Forum Topic Page (post page) and the number of visible labels have been reduced from the Forum Page (main discussion forum board).
  • Formatting of special characters in posts are now fixed.
  • Top Solution Author count value display has been fixed, they are now inside the component border.
  • Avatar image sizes have been reduced and are now all uniform in size.
  • Emoticons have been fixed and available to use within posts and titles.
  • Previously, when you subscribed to a Forum board and set your notifications to be received in a digest, you received an error when you clicked the Unsubscribe option from the digest email. This issue is fixed.
  • Previously, when uploading videos of a maximum of 10 GB it failed to upload (timed-out) even if the size was less than 10GB. This issue is fixed. Now, you can successfully upload videos without being timed-out.
  • Previously, in a Forum topic, when members tried to edit a reply that was marked as a solution, the edit page of the original topic was opening instead of the reply editor. This led to difficulty for members to edit the reply. This issue is fixed. Now, members can edit the replies that are marked as solutions to the Forum topics.

Continue sharing your feedback

We so appreciate the time you have taken to share thoughtful, kind feedback with our team on how to make this experience better. We will continue to prioritize feedback shared by members as we improve our platform, so please continue to provide feedback by responding to this post or by completing our Airtable Community Feedback form. Thank you all for being a valuable part of the Community!

Thank you,

Chris

19 Comments
Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Thanks for the update, Chris! Appreciate the work.

Would also like you to consider the option to add custom profile information. 

Thanks!

ChrisShernaman

@Hannah_Wiginton thanks for your comment, would love to understand more of what you are looking for from a custom profile addition. Can you share more details on the custom components you'd like to see on the profile? 

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

@ChrisShernaman, thank you for the mention and the list of improvements. 

DavidPonder
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your informative post but I'd like to clarify one point about changing usernames you remarked on.

You stated that you have to attained (I assume) a minimum rank of 3-Contributor to be allowed to change your name.

My rank is higher at 5-Automation Enthusiast but I still do not have the ability to change my name.

Can you please help me out her it's driving me crazy 😉

Post to my previously asked question about this very issue.

https://community.airtable.com/t5/other-questions/how-to-change-your-airtable-community-username-not...

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Current bugs I’ve found, is that when searching for unanswered threads, the forums don’t seem to respond to that query request and keep on showing all threads, regardless if they have answers, solutions or no answers. 

This is a big problem, for without the ability for those wanting to help to easily find people that need help, the community becomes less reliable and responsive as awhole. 

I enjoy writing Scripts for Scripting Extension and Automation Scripts, and don’t mind helping those with questions on these when I have the time. But if I’m constantly fighting the forums platform to get to those users, then that’s less user issues addressed.

ChrisShernaman

Hi @DavidPonder., thank you for flagging this! I noticed you joined the Community right before we created and deployed the formula for the Contributor rank, this has been corrected. You can now change your username. My Settings > Personal > Username

Please reach out to me directly if you continue to experience this issue, I am more than happy to help! 😊

Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey @ChrisShernaman - There used to be an About Me section where you could provide at least a little more background on who we are and how we're using Airtable. It helps provide insight into who's answering questions and what they do. Would like to see this again! Thanks.

Hannah_Wiginton_0-1678135599330.png

ChrisShernaman

Hi @Karlstens, the best way to find unanswered/unsolved threads in Search is by running an empty search and following the below 5 steps:

1. Select the Community tab at the top
  2. Sort By Created Date
  3. Under Sources filter select Discussion
  4. Under Solution filter select Unsolved
  5. Under Created Date filter you can choose the Created Date.

With this search criteria, you won't find just unanswered posts, you'll also find posts with replies but there has been no solution.

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 1.25.13 PM.png

Once created you can save this search as a Bookmark (name it) and revisit this search by navigating to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications > My Bookmarks. You can also distinguish which posts you've reviewed by the color of the post title (Purple means you've read the post).

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 1.25.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 1.26.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-06 at 1.27.07 PM.png

I hope this helps, if you run into any issues please reach out to me directly. 

Thank you,

Chris

ChrisShernaman

Hi @Hannah_Wiginton,

You can set up your personal information (About Me) section today by clicking on your profile avatar at the top right of the pageScreen Shot 2023-03-06 at 1.53.39 PM.png

Select My Settings > Personal > Personal Information

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 1.54.58 PM.png

Once you've inputted all the information you'd like to share with other members of the community, click Save. The About section will be located in a component on the right side of your profile page.

Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,

Chris

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@ChrisShernaman Amongst my top 25 biggest problems with this community forum, perhaps the biggest one is that we are unable to subscribe to just a category (such as "Announcements" or "Job Board") and receive email notifications of new posts that are created in that category.

Oh sure, it "seems" to give us the ability to subscribe to "Announcements" or "Job Board", but then we get an email notification of every single comment/reply in every single thread that was ever posted in that entire category — including old threads, too!

This is totally undesirable behavior, because what this means is that we are bombarded with dozens or hundreds of emails every single day. This is especially ludicrous if we've never even participated in any of those threads!

What we need is exactly what the old community forum offered, which is that if we subscribe to a category, we simply want to receive emails of NEW POSTS in that category... not email notifications of every single comment that was ever made as a reply to any post in that entire category.

If we personally reply with our own comment in a thread, then MAYBE we might want email notifications of every single email in that entire thread, but even then, usually not.