Help

Community Platform 23.3 Release Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisShernaman
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Welcome to our first Airtable Community Platform Release Update where we will share an update of all the latest enhancements and bug fixes that have been deployed.

First and foremost, we want to thank you all for your patience and feedback on the Community experience as our team has been transitioning to a new platform. We’ve been hard at work resolving many of the UI issues and bugs that came up during our platform migration. This is the first of a series of updates we’ll be making, and we look forward to seeing the experience improve for everyone throughout this process. 

Big shoutout to the following members who provided detailed and thoughtful feedback that helped address these issues.

@kuovonne, @Hannah_Wiginton, @Furst_Name, @Bill_French, @Andy_Cloke, @Databaser, @Karlstens, @Pedro_Pais, @Nathaniel_Grano 

You found it! We fixed it!

• We’ve removed ‘invalid HTML’ errors that were showing up even when there was no HTML present.
  • You no longer need to obtain a certain rank to be able to edit your own posts. Everyone can now easily edit their posts regardless of rank.
  • You used to be restricted from changing your username. We’ve updated that setting so that you can edit your username once you’ve reached the rank of Contributor. Most folks earn that rank by engaging in our Community with actions like commenting, giving kudos, or starting a new post.
  • We were running into an issue with upload image attachments. These have now been fixed, so you should be able to easily add photos to your posts.

Other fixes that shipped in this cycle:

• Solution check mark color has been updated to dark green.
  • Rank icons have been updated with a transparent background.
  • Preview attachments have been enabled so members can view attachments before clicking into a post.
  • Lengthy labels have been removed from the Forum Topic Page (post page) and the number of visible labels have been reduced from the Forum Page (main discussion forum board).
  • Formatting of special characters in posts are now fixed.
  • Top Solution Author count value display has been fixed, they are now inside the component border.
  • Avatar image sizes have been reduced and are now all uniform in size.
  • Emoticons have been fixed and available to use within posts and titles.
  • Previously, when you subscribed to a Forum board and set your notifications to be received in a digest, you received an error when you clicked the Unsubscribe option from the digest email. This issue is fixed.
  • Previously, when uploading videos of a maximum of 10 GB it failed to upload (timed-out) even if the size was less than 10GB. This issue is fixed. Now, you can successfully upload videos without being timed-out.
  • Previously, in a Forum topic, when members tried to edit a reply that was marked as a solution, the edit page of the original topic was opening instead of the reply editor. This led to difficulty for members to edit the reply. This issue is fixed. Now, members can edit the replies that are marked as solutions to the Forum topics.

Continue sharing your feedback

We so appreciate the time you have taken to share thoughtful, kind feedback with our team on how to make this experience better. We will continue to prioritize feedback shared by members as we improve our platform, so please continue to provide feedback by responding to this post or by completing our Airtable Community Feedback form. Thank you all for being a valuable part of the Community!

Thank you,

Chris

19 Comments
Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Another annoyance that I'm hoping can be addressed, is the constant need to sign-in multiple times a day to the community.

Can the active session please be extended until the user logs out manually?

ChrisShernaman

Hi @ScottWorld,

Thank you for your feedback. You can subscribe to a community board and receive email notifications only for new posts by configuring your notification settings.

Follow these steps below to turn on notifications for new posts only:

1. Click on your profile avatar and select My subscriptionsScreen Shot 2023-03-07 at 6.02.30 PM.png

2. Go to Notification Settings Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 5.52.45 PM.png

3. Scroll down to General Settings and navigate to For my forum subscriptions, notify me for > Only the first topic in each post Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 5.54.22 PM.png

4. Scroll down to Email Notifications and deselect Any comments on the knowledge base articles, blog articles or events in boards I subscribe to.Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 1.37.54 PM.png
  5. Navigate to New replies posted to content I subscribe to > NeverScreen Shot 2023-03-16 at 1.41.51 PM.png

Please reach out if you have any questions or need further guidance.

Thank you,

Chris

ChrisShernaman

Hi @Karlstens, thank you for your feedback, and I hear your sentiment on having to sign-in multiple times a day. The inactivity time before auto-logoff has been set to the maximum allotted time our platform currently allows. This is in an effort to mitigate potential security risks and to protect our members.

Best,

Chris

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Thanks @ChrisShernaman - it's worth noting that other forums that I frequent (Microsoft, Autodesk) that use the same Khoros platform don't have this same issue/requirement, as I appear to remain actively logged in upon revisiting their sites.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Another Community item that can hopefully be addressed is the currently unused Idea Exchange Dashboard status - I don't think any ideas have been marked/tagged - and further to this, there's the problem of legacy ideas stretching all the way back to 2016.

Karlstens_0-1678427269539.png

ChrisShernaman

Hi @Karlstens, thank you for flagging this issue. This is a top priority for us and we are currently working with our internal teams to resolve in the next coming weeks, but have added a notification banner at the top of the board to provide awareness. We highly encourage everyone to continue submitting ideas to this board in the interim.

I look forward to sharing our progress in our next platform update!

Much appreciated,

Chris 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thank you for the detailed instructions, @ChrisShernaman !! I greatly appreciate it, and this solves a big headache for me! 🙂 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @ChrisShernaman ,

Unfortunately, the instructions you gave me above don't work across the entire community, because it seems like the community categorizes some categories as "forums", some categories as "boards", some categories as "blogs", and some categories as "topics".

So, for example, I am continually receiving all replies for all threads in this "Announcements" category... even for threads that I have never participated in. But it seems like that is happening because this "Announcements" category is listed as a "Blog", and the preference setting that you told me about doesn't seem to control "Blogs".

ChrisShernaman

Hi @ScottWorld, thank you for flagging this. I've added in an additional step in the process above, you'll have to deselect the Any comments on the knowledge base articles, blog articles or events in boards I subscribe to, to block any comments across the different categories of the community. 

The Notification Settings will work across all community categories, it just takes some time to configure the settings to where you'd like it. 

Please let me know if you run into this issue any further. Thanks!