Introducing new ways to harness the power of AI, build apps, and connect data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephanie_Sosa
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

👋Hi all! I’m Stephanie, product marketer at Airtable and I'm so excited to introduce some powerful new features to help teams build AI-powered apps on top of shared data—all within a single, scalable platform.

Today, we’re bringing AI to Airtable, making Airtable the easiest and fastest way to deploy AI-powered applications across the enterprise. We're also releasing new features to empower teams to get up and running and build powerful apps quickly with a suite of pre-built applications for marketing and product teams. 

• Apps by Airtable: Get set up and running faster than ever with out-of-the-box apps built for critical use cases. Available for Enterprise.
  • Verified data: Easily protect and manage your org’s most important data from one place, while making it accessible to those who need it most. Available for Enterprise.
  • Two-way sync: Automatically sync data and edits back and forth between workflows so your teams can easily collaborate on the most up-to-date information. Available for Enterprise.

We’re rolling these updates out over the next week; if you don’t see them reflected in your workspace, hold tight! 

But something I’m super excited to announce is a new left navigation in Interface Designer. Now, we’re making it easier for you to quickly find and engage with the most important parts of their workflows. In addition to the updates we released back in March, Interface Designer makes it that much easier to build on Airtable. (And spoiler alert: we’re not done. Stay tuned for even more exciting updates to the app building experience)

Stephanie_Sosa_0-1683733750437.png

Left Navigation: New left navigation panel for easy navigation between interfaces & pages.

But that’s not all, you’ll also see that we cleaned up the share view menu so that your teams can discover and share important views and data across the org.

Stephanie_Sosa_1-1683733760055.png
Redesigned Share View Menu: Simplified sharing and syncing with a redesigned share view dialog.

These features will be a game changer for teams of all sizes—helping them build the apps they need on a scalable, secure platform. Learn more about these updates in our blog post!

We can’t wait to hear what you think, and see what you build, with these updates!

124 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Shannon_Anahata 

Your response was completely unhelpful to us, because you didn’t actually address our concerns.

Your response actually proves that nothing has changed at Airtable, and that nothing will likely ever change at Airtable.

It’s completely irrelevant that Airtable is going to eventually fix the left sidebar someday in future months when it feels like a convenient time for Airtable to get around to fixing it.

The problem is that we’re in this terrible situation at all. The problem is that Airtable has done this to us 12 times per year for the last 6 years. The problem is that Airtable doesn’t care about its customers. The problem is that Airtable doesn’t communicate with its customers. The problem is that Airtable doesn’t listen to its customers. The problem is that Airtable has zero respect for its customers.

Until Airtable fixes these core underlying problems that make Airtable a highly dysfunctional & completely untrustworthy company, nothing has changed. 

Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It's really really disapointing that two-way sync is locked behind Enterprise!  We've been waiting for that feature since you announced it this past winter – we have a lot of hacky work-arounds in place that two way sync would help a lot and we can't afford the $10,000 a sales rep told us it would cost to use Enterprise.  It's really bizarre to me that you would make what seems like a game-changing critical feature completely unavailable to small businesses with less than 20 people.  

MFAB
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
"we are actively working to make the left navigation collapsible. Please keep your eyes out for that update coming soon."

Thank you @Shannon_Anahata

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

SEE POST BELOW. (THIS FORUM CAUSED A DUPLICATE POST.)

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Stephanie_Sosa @Shannon_Anahata 

Yet another major screwup from Airtable:

In your efforts to rush out a newly-revamped “Share” button, you removed the toggle on form views to “temporarily stop accepting new responses”.

So if someone needs to temporarily stop accepting new responses, they can no longer do that.

Even worse, if they've already stopped accepting new responses, they can no longer re-enable their form again.

And yet, get this — you have a completely unusable & useless toggle for forms called “Allow Users to Copy Data Out of This View”, which should be for other shared views… not form views. If you try to use this toggle, Airtable crashes.

What this indicates is that nobody at Airtable even realized that different views have different share buttons. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

p.s. Not to mention that all of Airtable’s support articles still reference the old share button which doesn’t exist anymore.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

When the missing shared features are restored, can we also please have the other suggested features that were requested by the community during the announcement of these now broken/missing features? There were great ideas in that thread that would be useful. 

Link is here @Stephanie_Sosa , by  - @Sarah_Trisorus 

https://community.airtable.com/t5/announcements/new-feature-ability-to-close-form-submissions/ba-p/9...

J_W1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

While I understand some features are only suitable for, developed for and relevant to enterprise customers, it feels like Airtables recent strategy to cater more to enterprise comes at the cost of their core mission: “to democratize software”.

Keeping features like 2-way sync, AI-features, higher record limits away from non-enterprise, is not so much democratizing but more like serving big players to stay ahead of the little guys by gate-keeping. 

Also, a BIG issue coming up in the comments is that Airtable is not actively engaging with the demos/community - except for those big enterprise clients of course.

Is Airtable increasingly serving a corporatocracy instead of democracy?
Makes me wonder, is Airtable still true to it’s mission then 🤔?

The frustration that has been mounting for so long now in the non-enterprise community is at a boiling-point it seems.

So @Stephanie_Sosa @Shannon_Anahata, very curious how this pricing of add-ons will turn out.
Flexible pricing according to usage so that it actually democratizes all the capabilities of Airtable, or is Airtable keeping these pricing gaps in place - even with these addons - so that it effectively gate-keeps important and useful features for all….

mprokop
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Edit: This has been fixed since I posted. Leaving my comment and replies up.

Not only do I hate the left side navigation bar, it has actually broken some of your functionality. I can no longer delete this nested filter group I was trying to do something with because the trash icon extends past the edge of the window. The black bar on the right is my Start menu bar -- I only mention it to show that's the edge of the browser window. Airtable desktop app has the same problem. 

ATsidebarbrokefilters.png

Grunty
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@mprokop  Maybe you already tried it: Mark the checkbox to hide the bar, in the Properties of the Start menu bar.