Help

Introducing new ways to harness the power of AI, build apps, and connect data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephanie_Sosa
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

👋Hi all! I’m Stephanie, product marketer at Airtable and I'm so excited to introduce some powerful new features to help teams build AI-powered apps on top of shared data—all within a single, scalable platform.

Today, we’re bringing AI to Airtable, making Airtable the easiest and fastest way to deploy AI-powered applications across the enterprise. We're also releasing new features to empower teams to get up and running and build powerful apps quickly with a suite of pre-built applications for marketing and product teams. 

• Apps by Airtable: Get set up and running faster than ever with out-of-the-box apps built for critical use cases. Available for Enterprise.
  • Verified data: Easily protect and manage your org’s most important data from one place, while making it accessible to those who need it most. Available for Enterprise.
  • Two-way sync: Automatically sync data and edits back and forth between workflows so your teams can easily collaborate on the most up-to-date information. Available for Enterprise.

We’re rolling these updates out over the next week; if you don’t see them reflected in your workspace, hold tight! 

But something I’m super excited to announce is a new left navigation in Interface Designer. Now, we’re making it easier for you to quickly find and engage with the most important parts of their workflows. In addition to the updates we released back in March, Interface Designer makes it that much easier to build on Airtable. (And spoiler alert: we’re not done. Stay tuned for even more exciting updates to the app building experience)

Stephanie_Sosa_0-1683733750437.png

Left Navigation: New left navigation panel for easy navigation between interfaces & pages.

But that’s not all, you’ll also see that we cleaned up the share view menu so that your teams can discover and share important views and data across the org.

Stephanie_Sosa_1-1683733760055.png
Redesigned Share View Menu: Simplified sharing and syncing with a redesigned share view dialog.

These features will be a game changer for teams of all sizes—helping them build the apps they need on a scalable, secure platform. Learn more about these updates in our blog post!

We can’t wait to hear what you think, and see what you build, with these updates!

124 Comments
mprokop
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@Grunty no, it's literally past the edge of the browser window. doesn't matter where the Start menu is. i just mentioned that was my Start menu so people wouldn't wonder what the black bar was. I could make the browser window as wide as all three of my monitors and I won't be able to touch the trash button. I even opened up the interface editor in the Airtable desktop app and I still can't get to that button.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

@mprokop- hover your mouse cursor up the top of the interface - then hold control and scroll the mouse wheel back/forth to zoom the page out. This will hopefully allow you to access the button that's being cut-off by the side of your screen.

mprokop

@Karlstens nope, it's completely off the page. Resized it to 10%, resized it to 200%, completely outside the edge of the window. 

TDY
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I still haven't seen Airtable specifically engage here with anything concrete.

MiaSun
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, about cleaned up the share view menu 

when seeing form view 
The "stop accepting new response" setting is basic need for a form 

please take it back , thank you!

Erin_Keeffe
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@mprokop make sure you file a bug report.

FWIW I received a response from the support team today that bringing two-way sync to non-enterprise accounts is in the works. No timeline was given.

The CS person said it was still only in beta testing for enterprise though which makes me think that the CS, marketing, and product teams are somehow not on the same page…

jesssalexander0
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The new interface features completely backtracks why I built them separately for each member on our team, so they wouldn't see information not relevant to them, have a non-distracting space that was easy to change between. The new sidebar on the interface is horrible and I have lost so much valuable time on what I've built. Airtable can you please give the option to revert for users?

Hendrik_Yang
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi @Stephanie_Sosa , when will the editable two-way sync be available to non-enterprise plans? We, SMB, greatly need this! 

Liz_Shaw

Has Airtable done any surveying of their user base? We're not all Product and Marketing teams creating web software or marketing campaigns. Our company makes custom physical products that have to get build and installed in the real world. I know from these forums that many of the small & medium companies using Airtable are also manufacturing and construction businesses.

Our firm specifically chose to use Airtable instead of the MANY other project management software solutions available specifically because those other solutions are built specifically for digital product/content companies. Airtable allows us to link the manufacturing data we need to our overall workflows. To read that the new, TERRIBLE, left sidebar for Interfaces was introduced for the ease of the Airtable team in creating its own "Apps by Airtable" platform is incredibly frustrating because, guess what? Those "Apps by Airtable" are for Product and Marketing teams. Just like every other platform that's already out there. Meanwhile, this Interface change has tanked the usability of many of the interfaces I've created for our team. 

This Enterprise customer is on Airtable because we need to build our OWN apps for our specific use case. We need Airtable to provide the many feature/bug fix requests from the community dealing with improvements to the core functionality, not reduce functionality for us to better serve a different slice of their market. In the meantime, we'll be looking for an alternative platform. 

Liz_Shaw

I just noticed that with the new Interface navigation, the icon in my browser tab is the same regardless of which Interface I'm in, or if I'm in the underlying base.  I suppose this is trivial feature, but as a Creator building and supporting interfaces for multiple teams, having that icon and color coding was really useful as I move between interfaces.