Help

Launched: conditional relational fields (lookup, rollup, and count)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

You can now add custom filter conditions to lookup, rollup, and count fields to limit which records are included in the results. Here’s how to do it:

1. Create a valid lookup, rollup, or count field (if you don’t already have one in your table, you’ll need to create a valid linked record field first).
  2. In the field customization menu, turn on the “Only include records which match certain conditions” toggle.
  3. Specify the relevant filters for your use case.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 10.50.22 AM Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 10.51.19 AM

This also means that if you have been using helper formula fields as a workaround to achieve this same functionality, you can transition off those fields for a cleaner, clearer base! 🌅

Learn more about this new feature with the conditional counts, lookups, and rollups support article.

36 Comments
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

This is major. BRB, I’m going to go simplify all my bases.

BobBannanas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Amen to that!!! Very huge.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Holy moly. This is huge. This is gigantic.

WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR YEARS!!!

THIS IS A TOTAL GAME CHANGER.

THANK YOU!!! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: :tada: :raised_hands: :clap: :star2: :sunny: :star: :sparkles: :dizzy:

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This is one of the biggest & best improvements we’ve seen to Airtable since the creation of Airtable!!!

I think it’s extremely hard to underestimate what a tremendous improvement this is to the entire platform!!

Abraham_Bochner
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Major Major !!!

Many Thanks

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @Katherine_Duh,
We are not seeing this feature in our bases yet. Do we have to do something special on our end to get this feature, or will this only affect new bases created from this point forward? Or — do we just need to wait patiently for the rollout to complete? :slightly_smiling_face:

UPDATE: Never mind! We got these new features by logging out of Airtable, and logging back in again! :slightly_smiling_face:

Sam_Cederwall
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This is exciting, good work. I haven’t stopped smiling since seeing this.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Glad you were able to figure it out! For clarification for anyone reading this, you should be able to see this new feature by hard-refreshing your browser :grinning_face_with_sweat:

BobBannanas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

…and just like that, the entire internetz got faster

Mark_Barnes
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would be so much more powerful if we could specify fields or functions as part of the condition. The lack of that feature means I still can’t accomplish what I’d like to in Airtable.