cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle_Valent
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Blocks Contest

If you haven’t had a chance to test out the developer preview of the Custom Blocks SDK yet, now’s the time to give it a whirl. The platform team is offering big prizes for the best blocks in three categories:

• Blocks for Business Teams (5 winners)
  • Blocks for Education or Non-Profit (2 winners)
  • Wildcard (2 winners)

With a handy UI kit at your fingertips to make polished interfaces a breeze, a CLI that lets you leverage your favorite developer tools, built-in hosting, and real-time that just works - all working in concert with the user-facing Airtable interface you already know so well - we think you’ll find working with Custom Blocks to build powerful apps fast, easy, and delightful.

We’ve even included some use cases to help inspire your blocks! With more than 170,000 organizations powering mission-critical workflows on Airtable today, there’s a tremendous opportunity to expand the functionality of the Airtable platform and help teams around the world achieve more.

The contest runs until July 6, 2020, so head over to Devpost now to get all the details and register: https://airtable.devpost.com/

33 Comments
Olpy_Acaflo
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

@kuovonne

I’m just starting to discover the Blocks, the Palmares and I will pay attention to every project whose purpose speaks to me even a little!

It’s very difficult for me start to congratulate only one Block, only one Author, but I do it anyway because I’m not a member of the Jury: I had already pinned this Block in the Palmarès while I was still waiting for Kuovonne on another Block’s project that she sometimes talked about in this Community!

I really like this very great idea and I congratulate you for having worked to obtain this pretty generalist result, answering a real need to be able to find its audience I think!
I had immediately pinned, not the keyword ‘wordpress’ but your idea and your block that makes it happen!

However, I find you very (too) humble: you deserve the spotlight and a standing ovation!

Excuse me for my enthusiasm expressed without yet expressing anything to other projects that deserve it as well but it was my first favorite!

oLπ

Paul_Warren
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Maybe I’m a total clod, but how do we install these amazing blocks into our own bases and play with them? This is a brave new world for Airtable powered by the incredible community!

Michelle_Valent
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Paul_Warren! Are you on the Custom Blocks beta yet? You can sign up here: Custom apps developer survey

You can then try out the blocks by using the “Remix from Github” feature. We’ll be featuring some of these in the examples gallery too: Airtable Blocks SDK