cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanKeenan
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hello everybody! :tada:

I’m Sean, an engineer here at Airtable, and I’m excited to share a small (but hopefully mighty 🤞 ) change we made recently to grid view.

Have you ever had a lot of fields in a view, and had difficulty finding the field? Well now searching (with CMD-F / CTRL-F) will highlight fields as well as cells:

Zooming into the exciting part:

You might also notice that we added summary information at the bottom. The number of cells found (in case you relied on how many “matches” were found previously), as well as how many matching records and fields there are!

14 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It’s a great day in Airtable land today!! We need 100 more @SeanKeenan’s on the team!! And 100 more @Jordan_Scott1’s while we’re at it!

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Simple, useful updated. Nice to hear from the team working on the smaller-scale updates here in the forums!

Rupert_Hoffsch1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

OMG, easily one of the top 5 features I was waiting for! That’s going to save a ton of time :slightly_smiling_face:

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

To @Bill.French’s point above:

I am pretty much accustomed to it by now after many years of being a top Airtable consultant, but it is always disappointing & depressing to me that Airtable has a long & well-documented history of ignoring most (if not all) customer feature requests.

Personally, I have never experienced this before with any other software product I’ve worked with, and I have been doing tech consulting/development/support for almost 40 years. It makes me want to cry more than it makes me want to shout in anger.

It feels like the internal attitude at Airtable must be “we know better than our customers”, instead of “we would love to hear from & learn from our customers”.

As one example of this (and of course, there are hundreds of examples to choose from), this thread just resurfaced the other day.

My clients have never requested this particular feature before, although I can see how it would be useful for people. This thread has been going on for 6 years and includes 109 people who have requested this feature. Airtable has never replied to the thread nor have they implemented the feature.

Note that this pales in comparison to the number of people who have been clamoring for other, even more important, features & fixes in other 6-year-old threads.