cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_White
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

468bfe35153405ee4319e07edce530798f908ecc.jpeg

As we all know, linked records are a big part of what makes Airtable special. At the same time, we know they haven’t always been the easiest to use in the context of filters. Well, we have a new feature that’s been a long time coming!

Starting today, you have the option to choose specific linked records within your filters. You have access to 4 new operators:

• “has any of…,”
  • “has all of…,”
  • “is exactly…,”
  • “has none of…“

These new operators are also available within automations when you create a conditional trigger, as well as in interface designer (in both dynamic filter elements & statically in the properties panel for an element that accepts a filter, such as grid, timeline, etc).

These updates are available for customers on all plan types and should be available later today, if you are not seeing these changes reflected, please try clearing your cache.

40 Comments
Hendrik_Yang
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Btw, Airtable has not released their metadata API and doesn’t yet support oauth2 among other things. Therefore limiting their ability to become PREFERRED nocode backend.

But my company has been Airtable customer for 3 years and the change to other apps is quite difficult. I do hope that Airtable improve their updates and improvement cadence and more engagement in the forum just like…

Tim_Deng
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

This will be out very soon!

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hey, that’s exciting! Can’t wait to explore this.

Jack_Manuel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Tremendous news, thanks!

Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have been waiting for this feature for…years…and years. FINALLY!!! :partying_face:

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

@Scott_White and @Tim_Deng ,

Working my monthly budget, I just realised that these filters are exactly what I’ve been needing to divy up all the supplier costs, this is most excellent!

I have some feedback to consider - let’s say I’m filtering my data via “Store” for food purchased, and there can be countless store options.

Picking one entry at a time from the popup “Find an existing record” scroll menu becomes troublesome.

What I’d like to see here, is a tick-box selection, or a toggle option, where the user can scroll through the list and toggle selection criteria items either on or off. The current problem is, after each single selection, the user then has to re-open up the menu and scroll down an endless list again and again and again.

Perhaps there is a different approach to creating a Linked Record filter option that I’ve missed? I’ll double check, but yeah, would be good to cater for those of us building filters, who have an endless Linked Record List, and need to quickly toggle selection criteria on and off without losing position whilst scrolling and toggling.

EDIT: An alternative solution might be to allow the filter to utilise a Linked Record View. For example, the my store table is endless, however, after creating a Roll Up view of recently utilised stores, the list drops down to ~18 records which would then be much easier to pick from.

I suspect though, that we’re still needing the ability to toggle and scroll and toggle and scroll, even if this View Selection option was made available.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

When you filter a View by a Multiple Select using “is exactly” and add a new record it comes in with that option filled in.

It would be great it the Linked Record “is exactly” filter did the same.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Absolutely this! And just as importantly, that an API method be exposed for developers to have their POST newly created record fields default to these pre-configured view filters.

Ahmed_Elagami
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Well done Airtable. Thank you guys, You guys are getting more awesome day by day.

Rebecca_Elam
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

umm i just had this taken away? i now have a little blue exclamation point that says available soon when I try to change any of these filters I have already set? cleared my cache, gone incognito, restarted my computer. all the things…no way airtable possibly rolled this back this long after people are already using it? lots of workflows now rely on this because you announced it as a core feature. I’ve gotten smart enough to not rely on features I stumble upon myself because who knows who accidentally pulled the trigger on it or if we are just being tested on against our will. queue a bunch of people saying ’ its working fine for me I don’t see that behavior’ that’s exactly my point. no one is using the same version of the product at the same time.